Best Dog Life Vests that Your Dog Should Wear Now
I have always experienced being asked by someone regarding the importance of life vest for dogs. Given the fact that dogs can swim, it does not necessarily prove that the dogs are good swimmers. However, even though the dogs are good swimmers, it is still a necessity that dogs should wear life vests.
That being said, here are some of the best dog life vests that your dog should have. Not only that, this guide aims to show you some of the reasons why your dogs should have or should wear a life vests.
For one, the rough water might cause problems, the bad weather conditions, or even the reality that dogs experience fatigue as well. Other noted reasons are distractions which could even result to a tragedy.
Remember, it is not just in open water that your dogs will experience some hurdle while swimming. Even a contained body of water such as a pool or a lake can have unforeseen trouble as well, which is why being prepared and having a dog life vest is crucial for the safety of your dogs.
Reviews of Best Dog Life Vests
**Below, you will find more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer reviews on Amazon.
- The product comes in many sizes
- Offers a variety of colors
- The neckline is adjustable
- Features a low profile handle
- The dog life jacket is resilient
This life vest is one of my best pick because it is known for being a quality dog life jacket. The Ruffwear K9 Float Coat dog life jacket is highly recommended for dogs and puppies because of its unparalleled features. Given the fact that it is not a cheap dog life vest, the features of this product is one of a kind.
The Ruffwear K-9 Float Coat is considered as the ultimate in canine flotation as well as water safety. Through these gears, your dog could join you in your rafting escapade, kayaking getaway and even boating, surfing as well as paddle boarding.
This life jacket boasts of having various designs as well as integrating premium materials to make the product.
- The product is easy to use and put on. For one, all you need to do is place it over your dog’s neck and buckle it underneath your dog’s stomach. To put it simply, put it on in the same manner that your putting a regular harness to your dog.
- The gear is safe for use. The product is safe because of having a telescoping neck and you can fit it thoroughly and the interior straps and buckles adds safety as well.
- The gear is durable for use. To prove the latter, the dog life vest is made using a nylon fabric, thus it is sturdy and strong. It can endure exposure to water, sun and other elements.
- It boasts of having a strong handle that can life the weight of your dog even though it is heavy and it would not even break.
- The product comes in many sizes. With this product, guessing is not acceptable.
- The life vest is a bit pricey in comparison to other known brands.
- It is ergonomic
- Offers comfort and ease
- Has neoprene straps for easy handling
- Does not restrict your dog’s movements
- Comes in many sizes
- Is adjustable
- Comes in many variant colors
- Has a highly reflective trim that is integrated on the gear
- It boasts of being customizable
One of the things that I admire for this this product is that the dog life jacket is super buoyant when used on the water. On top of that, it is ideal for smaller dogs and if you happen to own a small dog such as a Chihuahua, this dog life jacket is the best deal.
For shorter dogs, you can shorten the length vest so that you can get the right fit.The EzyDog Doggy Flotation Device boasts of having innovative designs. The life jackets are manufactured using the latest technological advancements as well as utilizing materials that are sturdy and strong.
The materials used offers unparalleled performance as well as safety features. On top of that, it is comfortable for use. The nylon D-ring allows you to clip the leash to the dog vest.
- The gear is sturdy and can handle harsh water conditions
- Has a leash clip
- Ideal for dogs weighing 5 lbs to 100 lbs
- Offers wide straps· It has easy sizing
- Offers comfort for your dogs when used
- The grab handle could be insufficient at times
- Comes in bright colors
- Comes in many sizes
- Provides a secure fit with its splash with safety feature
- Has a durable ripstop material that heightens buoyancy in the water
- It fits well and functions well
- Has dual grab handles for additional protection and safety
The outward hound Kyjen Ripstop dog life jacket is one of a kind. It is affordable, but at the same time the quality is not sacrificed. It is noted as a high quality dog preserver for most dog owners.
If you are on a tight budget, this product is the best choice to opt for.It is very well made and the Outward Hound dog life jacket will not fall apart even after many usage. On top of that, the safety release straps and buckles are the features that are pretty much built with resilience and comfort in mind.
Moreover, the product is visible when use on the water since it comes with bright colors. It even has an extra flotation placed on the front for additional safety and to ensure that your dog’s head is always out of the water.
- The gear is sold with many bright colors
- The dual grab handles ensure the safety of your dog when used in the water
- The price is affordable
- There is some issue with the sizing for some customers
- It can fit with dogs having 24-30" neck, 30-37" chest, 16" back length
- Boasts of integrating a red neoprene color jacket that has reflective strips for in depth visibility
- It has adjustable nylon straps along with quick-release buckles
- Boasts of having a velcro on the neck as well as a belly of the jacket
- The cloth handle is set on the back part of the life jacket
The Paws Aboard Red Neoprene Life Jacket Dog Preserver is considered as one of the most ideal and safest life jackets sold in the market today. It can fit your pet perfectly and since the nylon straps are adjustable, it promotes more comfort and ease of use.
- Durable for use
- Ideal for most dogs
- The colors of the dog vests are vibrant and provides full visibility
- The sizes may vary thus caution is needed when ordering this product
- It comes in many sizes
- Boasts of providing a lifetime warranty for its buyers
- Ideal for outdoor use such as swimming, boating, excursions, winter wear and even daily walks
- Promotes comfort when used
- Also functions as a raincoat
- The floatation layer is easily removed or detached
- It boasts of having two metal D-rings for leash connections
- It can work well with two transverse handles for easy control
- Has a high-contrast color along with a reflective trim.
When it comes to using this product, you can rest assured that warranty is not a mere promise. The reason for that is the Kurgo Surf N Turf Dog Life Jacket offers a lifetime warranty for those customers that bought the product.
Even though it has a premium price, the solid performance of the life vest could not be denied.The gear comes in many sizes and could fit almost any type of dog. The flotation layer is easily detached for additional comfort.
It also has a waterproof shell that acts a protective gear if ever it rains. Moreover, the gear looks great on any type of dogs because of its reddish color. Besides its triple function, the dual handles are very sturdy and can be depended upon.
- Lifetime warranty
- Reliable gear
- Durable when used
- Can function as a raincoat
- The flotation layer is not that hard to remove
- It does not work well with smaller dogs
Choosing Best Dog Life Vests
When choosing the best dog vest for your dog, it is important to consider some of the factors before buying. That being said, here are some of the essential elements that you must take note of before making a purchase.
For one, you need to consider key safety and handling features as well as look for the significant factors. Here are some of the factors that should be considered.
Materials being used
When buying a dog life vest, always look for the materials that are used on the product. To choose the best gear, it must have high quality materials because it involves the life of your dog. It should be rip resistant, boasts of having high density materials as well as able to cope with varied weather conditions.
Comfort and ease of use
Nothing beats comfort and when it comes to choosing the right product for your dog, comfort and ease of use must be within your grasp. The life vest for your dog should be easy to put on and easy to remove. If in cases of being in a hurry, the ease of use would play a crucial part.
Get the gear with the best handles
A reliable dog life jacket should feature at least one sturdy handle. The reason for that is, the handles will assist you in getting your dog out of the water or away from danger.
In cases of emergency, your dog might not listen to your command and may wriggle or try to evade you, thus the need of having sturdy handles is of utmost necessity. If the handles are hard to maneuver then your dog might be placed in a difficult situation.
Look at the size
Before buying, you should consider the size and check if it’s a good fit for your dog. Buying a life vest for your pet is highly significant. It is undeniable that finding the vest that fits well might be difficult, but the effort will eventually pay off. That being said, look for a vest that has adjustable features so that you can easily fit it to your dog’s size.
Consider the interior buckles as well as the straps
Although it is not deemed necessary to use a life vest that has a lot of buckles and straps, it is still needed to have it. It provides more safety for your dog and it will render an assurance that your dog will not get stuck on a dock or even on one side of a boat or other protrusions that may come up.
As a dog owner myself, I know the feeling of ensure the safety of your dog which is why this guide aims to show you the relevance of using a life vest for your dog as well as the elements to look for in order to get the best dog life vest gear.
Moreover, consider the elements before making a purchase. Check if the gear is using high quality materials or if the product promotes safety.
Additionally, if you are on a tight budget, there are still some products that are priced mid range and are not expensive. Make it a point that comfort and ease is rendered to your dog when putting on a life vest.
Don’t take chances and ensure your dog’s safety. Be sure to buy a high quality dog life vest and put it on your dog whenever it is near the water. On a different note, among the top five products that I have listed, EzyDog Doggy Flotation Device has made its way to my top bucket list.
These two products have shown resilient, outstanding features and durability beyond compare. Also, the Kurgo offers lifetime warranty and if you are on a budget, this is the best deal.
Have you used these products before? Do you have any suggestions regarding using a dog life vest? Feel free to comment below. We would love to hear your thoughts.